With this simple trick, you can Disable touchpad of your laptop automatically every time a mouse is connected.
Many of today’s laptops incorporate a button to disable touchpad of the laptop whenever we want. It’s as simple as pressing it to stop working or to work again. However, there are times when it is confusing and we do not know when it is deactivated or when it is activated.
Therefore, it is best to block using software and not through this button. And more specifically, only when we connect a mouse via USB or Bluetooth. That is, every time we connect one directly the touch panel is deactivated.
Disabling TouchPad in Laptop
Disable Touchpad when we Connect a Mouse in Windows 10
To proceed to disable touchpad of our laptop in Windows 10, we must follow the following steps :
- Open Settings in your Windows 10. You can do that simply by typing it in Cortana or by using Keyboard Shortcut Keys (Win + ‘i’)
- Once the Settings application has been opened, Go to Devices section.
- To your Left, we can see various device options such as Bluetooth, Printers, TouchPad, USB etc.
- Click on TouchPad Option in the Menu.
- Uncheck the checkbox that says “Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected“.
- Click “Save” button.
- Done. You have successfully Disabled Touchpad in your Laptop
Disable TouchPad on older Windows Version
If you are using an old version of windows like Windows 7 / 8/ 8.1 and not using Windows 10 as your Operating system, then you can follow these steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to go to Control Panel.
- Then click on the Accessibility option.
- Next, look for the option where it says “Change Mouse Operation“.
- Enable the checkbox that says “Disable the internal pointing device when connecting an external pointing device“.
Disable Touchpad using Software
You can also use some software to Disable Touchpad in Windows 10. Some of the popular ones are
- Touchpad Pal
- Touchpad Blocker
- Touch Tamer
These steps are enough to Disable Touchpad easily on your Windows 10 laptop. No more hassle with Accedential clicks when you are using a mouse connected with a laptop. Subscribe to Windows Call for more Updates.