Windows 10 has been part of our lives for a few years now. The company seriously reconsidered the direction they had taken their latest creations and learning from their mistakes took, back in 2015, Windows 10. An operating system that with its numerous and continuous updates has become for many the best operating system that has ever Created the brand. If you have not yet taken the step, we will show you how to install Windows 10 in this tutorial.
Facing Issues with your Operating System: How to Get Help in Windows 10
Windows 10 Installation Guide
The minimum requirements to run Windows 10 are maintained from Windows 7, and today they are quite easy to meet:
- CPU: Processor or SoC of 1 GHz or higher.
- RAM: 1 GB for 32 bits or 2 GB for 64 bits
- Hard disk space: 16GB for the 32-bit operating system or 20GB for 64-bit.
- Graphics Card: minimum DirectX 9 support or WDDM 1.0 driver.
- 800 x 600 screen resolution.
As for the available editions, there are 12 different ones, although on its main purchase page only three are visible to the normal user :
- Basic: Windows 10 Home
- Professional: Windows 10 Pro
- Servers: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Each of them surpassing the previous one in functionalities and price.
Preparation before installing
It is possible to upgrade directly from previous versions of Windows such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 without the need to format or perform new installations. Although it should be taken into account that depending on how our previous operating system is, errors may arise and leave both the data and the system unusable. For this reason, we strongly recommend installing Windows 10 using a clean copy.
Note: Remember to store the files you don’t want to lose before.
Install Windows 10 from scratch
After having made the appropriate preparations, with our equipment turned off, we introduce the DVD or the USB memory. Then, we start, if we have not configured the starting sequence of our equipment there is no problem, we only repeatedly press the F8 key (or the one that corresponds to each device) and a boot menu will open. Select the device containing Windows 10 with the arrows and press enter.
After a loading process, the Windows 10 installation wizard will appear.
After choosing the “Install now” option, the product license introduction window will appear. If we have a password we can enter it now, or at the end of the installation. In our case, click on “I don’t have a product key” to enter it later.
After pressing “Next“, we will get a screen where we must choose the version that we want to install Windows 10. Depending on the image that has been downloaded, you will have more or less versions of Windows 10. In any case, we recommend you choose Windows 10 Home (x86 or x64) or Windows 10 Pro (x86 or x64) depending on the version you downloaded when you created the installation media (cheapest license to obtain is Windows Home).
Click Next and accept the license terms. After pressing again on next, we will be presented with two options:
- If we want to update Windows 10 without losing our files we choose “Update”.
- If we want to install Windows 10 with a clean copy we choose “Custom” (this is our case)
In a new step, Wizard asks us where we want to install Windows 10.
- If we want to create new partitions, we only have to delete the existing ones by clicking on “Delete” and then create new ones by clicking on “New” and typing in the space we want to give it (in MB). Windows will create an extra 500 MB partition for its own use. We choose the partition where we want to install Windows 10 and continue.
Note: It is recommended to allocate a space of at least 100 to 150 GB for the Windows partition and the rest for the files.
Note: All files will be deleted.
- If we want to leave the partition table as we have found it, we just have to choose the partition in which to install and move on. In this case, we recommend deleting the partition in which we are going to install Windows so that the files are deleted and then select it and continue the installation.
Note: Files from other partitions will remain intact.
- And if we do nothing, nor there are partitions, the wizard will use the entire hard disk to install Windows (creating the 500 MB partition that we have mentioned before).
In any of the three cases, after pressing next it will start the installation of Windows 10 on our computer. From now on we don’t need to touch anything else, the computer will restart twice and the Windows setup wizard will appear.
First Configuration of Windows 10 after Installation.
Once again we met another configuration wizard when starting Windows for the first time. This wizard has been changing according to the versions of Windows 10, so it is possible that at this point the steps are slightly different.
The first thing that will come out will be the regional and language settings we want to use. We choose the one we want and continue with the assistant.
Next, you will ask us what use we will give to our team. In this case, it will be for personal use, so we choose the first option.
Next, he suggests that we log in with a Microsoft account. If this is our wish then go ahead. But if instead we only want to create a local account and also decide whether or not to enter a password, we must choose “Account offline” and “Next”.
He will suggest again that we start with a Microsoft account (for greater security). Again we choose No.
Once the local or online account has been entered, the assistant will continue.
Now you will ask us about the activation or not of different utilities, such as Cortana, location, etc.
An important fact will be the arrival to the screen of sending diagnostic data to Microsoft. In this, we can choose between sending all the information about what we do on the device (Complete) or only technical information (Basic). You decide how guarded you want to be.
It will continue to ask about different configuration options of little importance until the Windows 10 desktop is finally fully installed. The only thing we have left to configure will be the shared resources center, we simply say yes, if our equipment is in a home network.
How to Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Driver
It is highly recommended to go to Windows Update to check for updates.
I hope you have Installed Windows 10 Successfully on your PC. Always try to keep your Windows 10 Updated with latest version of Windows OS.